Credits: We Heart It
I've decided to write a blog post dedicated each month when they roll around the corner. I guess I'm sort of inspired by my friend, Julia, who is posting a blog post for every day of November (now that's real love). Since it's November, here's the top 5 reasons of L-O-V-E:
1. My birthday: My birthday is November 16, which is next next week. In fact, a lot of my friends and family have November birthdays. I don't know what I'm getting for my birthday, and I don't even know what I want in general in terms of presents. I'm turning 15, which isn't exciting, but in a way... I am beyond excited.
2. Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival: The Golden Horse Film Festival started yesterday, November 4th, and I'm going to go watch the film adaption of Kazuo Ishiguro's "Never Let Me Go" today! On the note of movies, Harry Potter 7, Part 1 (gimmick of money?) is coming out on the 19th!
3. The weather: Taipei gets especially cold at the beginning of November, and to me, it seems like it's freezing this year. I love cold temperatures, cozying up with hot chocolate, a good novel, and fuzzy socks.
4. Thanksgiving: This reason isn't really valid since I don't live in the US. We do, however, get a long weekend for Thanksgiving, which allows for a fabulous-to-come family vacation somewhere in western Taiwan.
5. Good books: It seems like this is more of a favorite of the month, rather than a reason why I love November. My current favorites are Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson.