Tuesday 23 March 2010

Do as the Koreans Do.

hello everyone,

Having the most amazing korean lunch ever. I seem to be blogging about food a lot recentley, so I guess this blog is taking a turn to a more "lifestyle" blog :) Here goes!


*It has been taken to my attention that many blog readers aren't Asian (but a lot of you are, so bear with me) so if this comes as a culture shock to you, I'm sorry :)




The first dish was this potato pancake. It does resembles a pizza, in ways. Rather delicious, but does NOT come anything close to Young Dong Tofu House (in Arcadia, California on Baldwin and Naomi Ave.) Not superb, but not too shabby either.





Mmm... my absolute favorite. Cold Bean sprouts tossed in sesame oil. Again, not the best that I've tasted, but can do.





Pickled kimchi radishes that were not soggy AT ALL. Seriously obsessed with this stuff! However, it was burning hot. Not for the faint-hearted.





Loved the color of the crockery. A light robins egg blue.





Love how the rice comes in tin bowls (and has a lid :D) Yet again reminds me of Young Dong Tofu House in my old hometown.





Alas, the Korean barbeque. It's beef, it's boneless (:D) and it tastes good.

So I guess my final verdict is that I love Korean food. Maybe this restaurant wasn't as great as I thought it was, but hey, at least they had good kimchi!

That's all for now. See you next blog post!

-adrienne.

P.S: If any of you are in the Southern California area, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go do yourself a favor and go to Young Dong Tofu House for me:) There's one in San Gabriel (forgot where exactly though) and one in Arcadia (at the Naomi/Baldwin intersection).

No comments:

Post a Comment